Aurrera Gives Back
By Lucy Pagel, Deputy Director, Medicaid Policy & Programs
In recognition of Giving Tuesday, I am pleased to have the opportunity to highlight our ongoing commitment to give back to the communities we live in and serve. Aurrera Health Group is proud to share the many non-profit organizations that our team and our firm supports, through our company volunteer and donation matching program, as well as individually.
Over the last five years, Aurrera Health Group has increasingly dedicated resources to local, state, and national causes by supporting refugee families; promoting social justice; volunteering and donating to food banks, animal rescue organizations, community service agencies; and more.
Given our deep commitment to creating healthier communities, earlier this year we formalized our charitable work through Aurrera Gives Back. Through the work of the staff-led Aurrera Gives Back Planning Committee, we have established a program that includes:
- Eight hours of paid volunteer time each year: Aurrera Health Group offers each staff member up to eight hours of annual paid leave to participate in non-profit activities of their choosing.
- Donation matching: Aurrera Health Group matches employee donations throughout the year. This gives our staff the opportunity to support the causes they are passionate about and gives Aurrera Health Group the opportunity to double the impact of our donations.
- Giving Tuesday: For Giving Tuesday, the Aurrera Gives Back Committee selects an organization or type of organization to provide matching donations to double the contributions the staff make on that day. This year, for Giving Tuesday, Aurrera Health Group will match our team’s donations to local food banks or to Feeding America.
Additionally, Aurrera Health Group values responding to our communities when they are most in need. This year our country has faced unprecedented hardship. In response to ongoing racial injustice, the COVID-19 pandemic, and a divisive election season, Aurrera Gives Back kicked into gear. In 2020, we:
- Matched $10,000 in donations to several community organizations that promote racial justice;
- Matched staff donations to community food banks at the start of the COVID-19 national lockdown;
- Offered staff paid time off during election season, and made Election Day a company holiday, to ensure our team members could vote and help get out the vote; and
- Provided financial support to nonpartisan, non-profit organizations committed to voter education and outreach, and to ending voter suppression.
Aurrera Health Group is proud to support our staff members as we individually and collectively give time and resources to promote wellbeing in the communities where we live and work. Find a list of the organizations that our team and our firm supported in 2020 on our Aurrera Gives Back webpage.