When it comes to covering educational costs, loans are a valuable resource for students. It is important to know that both federal and private loans must be repaid after graduation, 停止招生, 或者低于一半的入学率. North Central participates in the direct loan program through the federal government. We also accept loans from private lending institutions.
Federal loans have significant advantages over private loans, including fixed low-interest rates and favorable repayment terms.
Federal Direct loans are offered to students through the federal government's Direct Loan Program
补贴: 资助有经济需要的学生. You’re not charged interest while registered as a student (at least half-time). The federal government subsidizes or pays the interest during this period.
未受资助的: Awarded to students without financial need (you still must file for financial aid by submitting the FAFSA form). You’re charged interest from the time the loan is disbursed until it’s paid in full. You may choose to pay the interest while in school, 或者你不知道, the interest will accumulate and be added to the loan principal balance.
Note: Federal guidelines determine the combined maximum loan amounts per academic year for both types of Direct loans.
- Loan eligibility will be determined as part of your financial aid offer.
- The interest rate will be fixed and are set 每年 by the U.年代的部门. 的教育.
- 在支付的时候，美国.S. 部门. 教育局会扣除申请费用.
- Federal Direct Loan interest rates and 融资费用s are available through 联邦学生资助.
Combined cumulative borrowing limits (Aggregate loan limits)
|研究生||$138,500 (including undergraduate borrowing - up to $65,500 may be subsidized)|
We participate in electronic funds transfer (EFT) and will deposit your loan funds directly to your student account. Any funding in excess of your bill with the Office of Student Accounts will be refunded to you per your refund selection. Contact Student Accounts for refund method options.
Federal regulations require all borrowers to complete a 主本票(MPN) 在支付资金到你的账户之前. The MPN is your legal obligation to repay all Direct loans you borrow within a 10-year period.
Federal regulations require all schools to provide 入学咨询 给首次借款者. This online session provides you with information about the loan program and your rights and responsibilities as a borrower. It must be completed prior to the disbursement of any loan funds.
If you receive a loan, federal law requires you to complete 出口咨询 一旦你降到了中场状态. This online session informs you about the repayment process.
联邦直系父母 & 毕业生PLUS贷款
- Parent PLUS is available to parents of dependent undergraduate students and 研究生 PLUS is available to graduate students
- Credit approval is required PLUS 贷款 and is contingent on non-adverse credit history. 信贷审批期限为180天.
- Loan amount is limited to the difference between the cost of attendance minus all other financial aid.
- 利率 每年确定一次，上限为10个.5%.
- 在支付的时候，美国.S. 部门. 教育费用将扣除 融资费用.
- 中北部需要一个 +应用程序 每年.
- Repayment begins within 60 days after the final disbursement of the year.
选择贷款, 也叫私人贷款, are offered by lending institutions to assist students and their families cover educational costs not met by other types of financial aid. These loans are not part of the federal loan program, so we recommend exhausting all other financial aid resources before applying. An alternative loan can be offered up to the cost of attendance minus any other financial aid already received. 贷款 are generally based on credit worthiness and ability to repay. For many alternative loans, the student is the borrower and will require a U.S. 联保人.
中北书院 does not promote or endorse any loan lender, nor does the college have any financial interest in any lending institution. 学生 and their families have the right to select the educational loan provider of their choice. ELMSelect is a loan comparison tool that assists borrowers in selecting an alternative loan. Please review lender information carefully and contact the lender with questions.
Things to consider when choosing an alternative loan
- What is the lowest interest rate and fee combination and how do I qualify? Is the rate only for a limited period or is it for the life of the loan?
- Is there a limit on how high the variable rate can change? How often does the interest rate adjust and how is the rate determined?
- 还款条件是什么? 提前还清贷款有罚金吗?
- 我什么时候开始付款? If payments begin while in school, can I defer and if so, for how long?
- What proportion of borrowers qualify for the offered discounts? Are the discounts guaranteed or are they subject to change later?